Saturday, May 10, 2008

Back from the brink of madness

So it's been a while!

I have been too busy to think straight!

A quick run down.

The wedding was last weekend - it's been a while since we have been to a wedding and overall it was a fantastic day 0 the bride and groom gorgeous, their service very intimate and personal, the cocktail reception lovely, the band and dancing great. The hangover post wedding not so good!

A lovely feature of the day was the bride's veil, a 65 year old heirloom piece. Just stunning.

Not that the day was all about me but you may be pleased to know that I did not go to the wedding naked.

My dressmaker friend pulled off a miracle and put together a dress in a half a day prior to the wedding. Inspirational to watch. Really. She did so whilst still serving customers in the shop and taking phone calls, dealing with her bookmaker and whilst Little B was under her feet. Bloody fantastic job Tais!

The whole debacle required me to act under pressure and select fabric for said dress which I pulled myself together and managed. I really am coming to love Spotlight. But have learned to get in there early for quick service and quiet browsing time.

The dress came up a treat. Upon reflection perhaps not quite dressy enough for the wedding but that was my pattern selection and/or fabric choice rather than any doing of the dressmaker!

The pics Mr B took of me in the dress on the day are awful. We were rushing to get out the door to the wedding in the midst of Little B having a tanty about our departure when he took them and I don't think they do the dress justice. So we are going to retake in the next few days which I suspect will be rather amusing as I will have to drag meself out of me trackkies and dolly meself up just for the photos! To come shortly...

Last week I went and visited my nanna and pa who live in Terang a small town in the Western District of Victoria. In between Geelong and Warnambool on the Prices Highway. I did not get back until yesterday (Friday).

I had a great time. It was lovely to spend time with my grandparents. It was their 60th wedding anniversary whilst Little B and I were there which was a treat for all of us. They are still so cute together. They reminisced about their time together including their travels, their child rearing and their working lives. I learnt alot about them both. They absolutely loved spending time with Little B who behaved just beautifully.

I enjoyed some different cuisine, stewed rhubarb and steamed pudding courtesy of my nan. I enjoyed the latter so much that I picked up a pudding bowl from an Op Shop on the way home!

It was sad to leave them. Both of them have declined in health considerably since Christmas which was the last time we saw them. It's hard to say but the possibility of one of them not being around for the next visit is becoming more and more likely as time progresses.

I came home both rejuvenated and exhausted after the last few weeks.

It's good to be home.

No comments: