Tuesday, April 29, 2008

To market to market....

This morning we all woke up obscenely early so I drove Mr B off at work and dropped some paperwork off at the office whilst I was there.

On a whim I stopped off at the Queen Victoria Market to purchase some groceries on the way home.

I have not been there in a number of years. It is a journey I will be making into a weekly habit.

It was such a rejuvenating food shopping experience!

I could literally see the freshness in the ingredients. The prices were so reasonable.

It was a great interactive experience. Everything was at a level where Little B could see what was going on.

But the service was great too. The market holders could tell me which mushroom was more flavourful, what cut of meat was right for my recipe ideas and which bread would best suit the ham I bought from the deli 2 doors up!

My only regret was that I had not researched and decided on some new recipes before going! Next time for sure.

I managed to find some recipes to fit the ingredients I bought today. Tonight we are having chicken and leek rosemary hot pot from the CSIRO wellbeing cookbook!

Tomorrow is spaghetti bolognese and then the weekend osso bucco done in the slow cooker! I can't wait for the weekend to come!


No comments: