Tuesday, April 22, 2008

A relaxing weekend...

It's been a few days for a myriad of reasons.

Mr B "worked" from home Friday and yesterday which precluded me from really jumping on the computer and updating here.

He's been working rather hard and working from home gave him a little respite from the hustle and bustle of the office and the commute in and out of the city. It also gave him a chance to see what the day's routine looks like as he was to be on Little B duty Saturday night (more on that later).

Not sure really why I am keeping this blog a secret from him. Knowing him he already knows about it, he is a bit of whiz on the computer as he works in the industry! So honey if you are reading this I love you and it really isn't anything personal! And it probably explains all of the questions I have been asking you about blogs and html and google analytics and stuff like that.


Mr B Little B and I enjoyed some time out in the hills on Saturday. After we all woke in a funk early that morning I insisted that we jump in the car to go and watch the sunrise amongst the trees.

We all needed it.

Nothing like breathing in the fresh air and listening to the sounds of the bush waking to cleanse the soul.

I took the camera along to try and capture the morning's activity.

This has been one of the great things about the Macro Challenge.

I have been able to stop and check out the detail in what I am doing and where I am going.

Which is a new perspective for me.

Life before Little B was a big fat rush.

I really actually like having had to slow down.




Saturday evening saw me attend a hen's night leaving Mr B in charge of Little B. All went well on that front which was good!

A girly night was had by all, much champagne was consumed as we all learnt the basics of bellydancing with the lovely Andrea of Underbelly studios in Collingwood.

Just as well I have a more than ample belly (aka "the Apron") really.

It was good to get out with the girlies most of whom I struggle to catch up with post baby unless there is a special event like this. It made me think it was time to try and do it a bit more often!

There will be no incriminating photos however. What went on during the hen's night stays on the hen's night!

2 comments:

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Thanks for the heads up about the giant bikes. I am in no rush so I will definitely wait to see what happens in June.

Lovely photos of your trip to the forest.

CurlyPops said...

I love that cool macro photo of the tree sap.