Friday, April 4, 2008

Back on the horse....

Well I felt as though all of my blogalicious intentions went out the window when my hometown suffered a large wind storm 2 days ago which resulted in our having no electricity for a day and no home phone or internet for 2 days!

By this morning (day 2 no net) I was rather tetchy. I realised it was because I felt cut off from the world. I had not realised exactly how dependent I had become on the WWW.

So after a coffee and some navel gazing to the duclit tones of KD Lang (I find her very calming) I accepted my situation and got on with some of the things on my list of to dos that never quite get done whilst my little one is asleep due to my preferring to read blogs instead. I feel quite a sense of accomplishment having weeded the front garden, cleaned out my bookshelf, cleaned out some cupboards, paid our bills and balanced the cheque book!

So now I don't feel so guilty catching up on my feeds. And looking at some of the great photos entered by those participating in the 30 day macro challenge - I am still working on how to get the link to the page into my blog!

1 comment:

CurlyPops said...

Thank god we didn't lose power. I don't know what I would have done with no www.